Waste Transfer Stations
The RM of Elton operates three Waste Transfer Stations
#1 Forrest – located by the Municipal Office & Shop on Road 65N (Elton Road)
#2 Douglas – located to the west of Village on the south side of Railway
#3 Justice – located on 2nd Avenue
Evergreen Environmental Technologies (Landfill)
Evergreen Environmental Technologies Landfill is located on NE 11-14 17 WPM. Directions are:
1) from junction of No. 10 and PR 353 – east 10 miles to Douglas/Cordova Rd
2) north on Cordova Rd 6 miles to PR 465 (Road 77N)
3) turn east 1 mile to dead end at PR 466
4) north on PR 466 for 3 miles (on west side of road)
Elton Rural Waterline Information
Water is tested bi-weekly for bacteria, which is reviewed by Manitoba Drinking Water Office. Should a test have unusual results, Office of Drinking Water and the Water Cooperative are notified immediately to take required steps. A complete analysis is required every 3 years and below you will find the documents and reports with specific information.
Below please find the links to the Whitehead Elton Regional Water Co-op Inc. (WERWC) Annual Report.
Additional Drinking Water System information can also be found by following the link below:
Keystone Planning District
The RM of Cornwallis and the RM of Elton will be going through a transitioning stage from the Brandon and Area Planning District to the Keystone Planning District which is expected to be complete in the first half of 2020.
Effective January 2nd, 2020 administration of all planning functions including building permits for the RM of Elton and RM of Cornwallis will be received and available at the RM of Cornwallis office located at 107191 Unit C Veterans Way.
Also, effective January 2nd, 2020
- Building permit inquiries may be made to Brad Bell at (204) 901-3307,
- Planning inquiries may be made to Shawna Paulsen at (204) 725-200, and
- Subdivision questions should be directed to Lori Main at (204) 726-6273.